Endodontics (Root Canal Treatment)
If you are experiencing severe tooth pain, you may be in need of a root canal. A root canal is a treatment that focuses on repairing the inner portion of your tooth if it has become damaged or decayed. This sensitive inner part of your tooth holds your dental pulp, tooth nerves, and root canal system. The inner tooth can become infected if exposed to decay, causing severe pain and, if it isn’t treated, the tooth will eventually die.
To stop your pain, prevent the loss of an infected tooth and save your smile, Dr. (?) will provide you with a root canal as soon as possible after diagnosis. Our dentists will perform the procedure with great care, including the following:
- Numb the tooth and the area surrounding it
- Open the tooth and remove all decayed dental pulp
- Clean out the root canal system
- Fill the inside of the tooth with a material that will strengthen and support the tooth
- Seal the tooth with either a dental filling or a crown
If you are suffering with tooth pain, don’t delay. Contact our dental office in Auburn, Indiana today for answers to your questions and to schedule your appointment. Our team at Auburn Dental Associates looks forward to caring for your smile.